Whether it’s in swings, car seats or bassinets, newborns are on their backs A LOT.
Of the many new mom anxieties I had, one of them was my baby getting a pancake head. Once 3 months rolled around, I couldn’t wait to find her something that would sit her up, help her with her head control and give her a new view of the world.
So, as any first-time mom does, I took to the internet, scouring over hundreds of product reviews. I found a couple of options but ended up settling on the Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat for two main reasons: you can use it starting at 3 months and it has enough back, neck and head support (crucial for those wobbly little bobbleheads).
But, if you’re like me and want to know ALL the reasons why a product is worth it, here they are:
- Affordable, around $35.
- Helps them learn how to hold their head up with proper support.
- Perfect hangout spot for them while you shower, get ready, cook, eat dinner, etc.
- Washable fabric seat.
- The seat is easy to take on and off.
- Comfortable, most babies love chilling in this chair.
- Removable tray. We used ours to prop up books/toys.
- Compact, can be collapsed for easy storage.
- Can be used as a high chair in that transition phase if you’re not quite ready to buy a high chair.
We have the giraffe one, which definitely is a little loud looking if you know what I mean… However, they recently released some simpler, more millennial-pleasing designs. I’ve linked to those here.
Would I buy it again? Yes!